Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hello you.
Whoever you are, wherever you're from, whenever you will read this.

Life is so short.
So unpredictable.

At most times I feel that all is taken for granted until something happens.
Something big.
Something that forces us to realize that every second is a gift.
Something that makes us see that we are never guaranteed a single second.

Once we discover these truths we may often come back to them, but for me the moments of this realization are but fleeting.
I feel them, know them to be true, and real and yet still find myself fighting to cherish every possible breath that I have.

I am working on it.
Even the sip of water I just took, was grateful that I was able to swallow.
I am grateful for my health.
Grateful for my family and friends. The people I meet each day.
Grateful for the opportunity I have. Each goal I am able to pursue.
Grateful that I woke up this morning. That I was able to breathe freely and rise out of bed without worry.
Grateful, even, for the ability to type this message.
The internet is a funny thing, meaning that I shall never truly know who reads these words, or at what point or if I shall ever know them in real life. I don't need to.

I just needed to write.
To share that life is worth something.
That we all have something to share and give and take what little we deserve.
I believe that.
I know that this life is short but I am blessed with the promise of tomorrow too. Whether it be here or elsewhere.
It goes on.
Once we recognize, so should we.

-Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment