Sunday, January 27, 2013

First.

Blog. So much pressure for the first entry! For years I've kept track of my words and my adventures in books. I still will continue to do that. I will also be sharing my words online for the sake of letting friends and followers have a better idea of my journey as an actor.

Being an actor is a funny thing. My job is essentially to become and live in the lives of other people. To act and react naturally in the realm of make believe. I find acting to be a rewarding, greatly satisfying and incredibly personal craft. It's an addictive necessary and magic in my life.

2013 marks three years in Los Angeles for me. It seems crazy. I'll never forget my first apartment and literally driving around street after street with one of my best friends, Matt, and calling every vacancy sign we could find. Finally we got a quick showing and found home in Holly-weird. The view of the Hollywood sign from our balcony was a daily reminder of what I was pursuing. I slept on a futon I bought for $75 bucks on craigslist. A year in the heart of it all. Seems like it was just yesterday.


To get my feet wet in film, and have some income, I started doing background work. Background aka "atmosphere" aka "extras" aka "cockroaches of the industry" has been an eye opening experience. I feel like I've been to film school based on the experiences I've had in 3 years. I've learned terminologies, the definitions of roles on a set and watched some of the greatest actors of my time. It's been the best job for me. Currently I spend most of my jobs standing in and photo-doubling with some commercial work where the compensation is a bit better. I like to call it being promoted.

Much has happened in that span. As time goes by I will reminisce some more and share new stories and such.

I leave you with this advice that my cardio barre instructor told us last week:
Everything will be alright in the end. If its not right, then it isn't the end!

Much love and good tidings to all
xo
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment